Monday, July 7, 2014

ABC Wednesday: Z


Z is for Lebanese zatar (also za'atar) bread that we found in Monterey Farmer's Market. I read that zatar is a basic pita dough that they cook over this domed thingy and inside the compartment is where the heating comes from.

may 24-25 2011 130

IMGP8047
Zatar is also herb and herb blend. The bread is a flatbread that gets topped with different flavorings. I believe we got spinach variety with chopped spinach in oil and spices. Very good with piping hot tea.

ABC WEDNESDAY

9 comments:

  1. The flatbread looks delicious.
    Makes me hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Lebanese restaurant, not that far away...
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like the look of the flatbread too. Always game for new dishes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, now I want to try that.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice capture of the action♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/zzzzh-impression/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to try that. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! That looks delicious. We've many holidays in Turkey and the flat bread they cook, on the exactly the dome shaped hot plate is called Pide, they often put sprinkling of fragrant, finely chopped lamb spinach and pine nuts...simple but delicious!

    Di.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zatar... I wonder if there is any link to your country through the Cajun heritage here in the States? A very hot sauce called Zataran's is prevalent here!

    I love flatbread of all kinds, and the herbs and spices are making me hungry. I also look Indian poori, with its puffed look that implodes when you break it open. Thanks, Yo

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think.