Monday, March 2, 2015

ABC Wednesday: H


P1100026
Per wiki:

Horchata (/ɔrˈtʃɑːtə/; Spanish: [orˈtʃata] ( listen)), or Orxata (Catalan pronunciation: [oɾˈʃata]), is the name of several kinds of traditional beverages, made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley, or tigernuts (chufas).

In Mexico and Guatemala, horchata is made of rice, sometimes with vanilla and always with cinnamon.

The last time I was in Mexico, I discovered the coconut flavored horchata in one of the little hole in the wall stores that only sells beverages and ice cream. I was so pleased to see that they sell them also in the grocery stores.

Have you tried horchata? Do you like it?

ABC WEDNESDAY

10 comments:

  1. I have never tried it, and this is the very first I've heard of it, but I am an adventurous sort so if the opportunity to try it arose I definitely would :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! That looks and sounds tasty,
    I would like to try it!
    best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never HEARD of it, so never had it. I'd try it, though.

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they sell it in Tenerife, for I will be there in June.
    Have a great week!
    Wil, ABCW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know it....

    What i drink mostly is coffee... and aloevera juice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't, but it sure sounds interesting. Especially because I like cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful! Tastes like liquid rice pudding! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have a hollicks hot drink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm allergic to coconut oil and have to be careful with peanuts and macadamia nuts too, so I think I would avoid this.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think.